Below you’ll find my objective and honest review of Jason Ferruggia’s Muscle Gaining Secrets 2.0, based on my own personal experience with the program.
At first, I was a little put off by the gimmicky feel of the video pitch for the program. But after struggling to make any progress in the gym for over 6 months, I decided to try it out.
Accordingly, everything in this review is coming from my own personal experience. First, I’ll give a quick overview of what comes with the product, discuss the pros and cons, and then give you my final verdict at the end.
But first, let me tell you a story.
Back in 2009, I was in 11th grade, and had started working out in the local gym with some of my high school friends. I was one of the skinniest guys in the gym, at 6 feet tall and 140 pounds. I was as weak as a newborn baby, but that was okay because most of my buddies were pretty weak too. After a couple of months, my friends were seeing pretty good gains, but not me. I was only a little stronger, and hadn’t gained more than a pound or two of muscle.
6 months in, I had one friend who was easily benching over 200 pounds, while I could barely manage 50. I couldn’t understand what I was doing wrong, and when I asked for advice all I heard was things like:
“You just need to eat more”
“You’re not working hard enough”
“Just lift heavier!”
To make matters worse, everything I read told me it was easy to gain muscle and strength when you first start. I was supposed to be making easy “newbie gains”. While all of my buddies were making progress each week, after 6 months I could barely deadlift one plate.
One night I was up late messing around on the internet, and I stumbled across the video for Muscle Gaining Secrets 2.0. I watched it through and figured, what the hell. I started the program the next day, and within 20 days or so I started seeing results. Without giving too much away, below is a quick overview of what you get if you decide to purchase the product, followed by the pros and cons, and then my final verdict.
Muscle Gaining Secrets 2.0: Overview
This is a low volume program, consisting of three 45 minute workouts per week, for 90 days. The program is based around compound movements that activate the most muscle groups. It includes :
– Pictures and explanations for each exercise
– Instructions on how to warm up correctly
– A protocol for rest periods
– A 60 minute audio guide with more useful tips for gaining muscle
– Printable worksheets including number of sets and reps, as well as rest periods
– Some guidelines on nutrition, as well as some recipes ( however, if you’re looking for foods and recipes that will help you build muscle, I recommend Dave Ruel’s Anabolic Cooking )
– Access to one month free online coaching from the author
– The program is clearly laid out and easy to follow
– It lists common mistakes that you may be making, and possible flaws in your current program
– The low volume approach means you won’t be wasting hours in the gym
– Instant access: because everything included is digital, you won’t have to wait more than a few seconds to get it upon purchasing
– The workouts can be done at home, with the proper equipment (although personally, I did everything at the gym)
– The online coaching is a unique feature that could be of real value to some people, although personally I didn’t use it. I simply did not have any questions or concerns that were not addressed in the initial product
– The author offers a 60 day money back guarantee, which makes the purchase essentially risk free
– The sales page could have been designed better. As it stands right now you have to sit through the video before getting to further information about the product
– Personally, I found the nutrition section lacking. However this is not a huge issue, because this is a workout plan and not a nutrition guide
– Some of the claims made are a bit of a stretch. You aren’t going to gain 40lbs of muscle in a month or anything like that, but some exaggeration can be expected in advertising, especially in this industry
The bottom line is, if you follow the program, you will see results. Don’t get me wrong, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy, but the reality is that there is no program in the world that makes it “easy” to get jacked. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to scam you, plain and simple. The jacked guys you see aren’t the ones who have discovered some special trick or hidden “secret”, they’re just the ones who have put in the work necessary to reach that level.
However, hard work will only lead to results if it’s done the right way, and there are different training protocols that will work better or worse for different people. I can tell you from my own experience that this program is something that works very well for skinny ectomorph, “hardgainer” type guys such as myself.
So, if you’re skinny and struggling to put on mass in the gym, or even if you just want to get bigger in general, I wholeheartedly recommend this program.
Thanks for reading!
Check It Out?